The Benefits of Polestar Pilates
Pilates is a body conditioning method that works in a different way to other fitness techniques. Targeting the deep postural muscles, Pilates works by building strength from the inside out, rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct alignment. It helps to reshape your body, which will become longer, leaner and more toned. It will also improve your posture, achieving the perfect balance between strength and flexibility, and it is a great way to relive unwanted stress and tension. It’s slow, controlled approach means that it gives much longer-term results – and it is especially recommended by medical specialists for those with back problems.
In a nutshell Pilates Changes the way in which we use our bodies. It changes muscle recruitment patterns, correcting common muscle imbalances, restoring good alignment and natural normal movement.
These are some of the benefits of Pilates
Improve strength, flexibility and balance
- Challenge deep abdominal muscles to support the core.
- Engage the mind and enhance body awareness.
- Condition efficient patterns of movement making the body less prone to injury.
- Reduce stress, relieve tension, boost energy through deep stretching.
- Restore postural alignment.
- Create a stronger, more flexible spine.
- Promote recovery from strain or injury.
- Increase joint range of motion.
- Improve circulation.
- Heighten neuromuscular coordination.
- Offer relief from back pain and joint stress.
- Correct over-training of muscle groups which can lead to stress and injury.
- Enhance mobility, agility and stamina.
- Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activity.
- Improve the way your body looks and feels.
Beware of Pilates programs that promise dramatic weight loss or overnight transformations. That’s not what pure Pilates is about. However, with time and dedication, Pilates practice can:
Why Polestar Pilates
Polestar is an international authority in Pilates education, focused on whole body wellness, healing through movement modalities and mind-body-
Founded in 1992, Polestar today is comprised of an international community of highly-trained Pilates professionals who seek to impact world health. Polestar has Pilates instructor representation in over 50 countries, and education centers located in nearly 40 countries. As Pilates grows as a method, we provide excellent and thorough education of all Polestar Pilates instructors, producing the finest Pilates professionals in the world.
In the U.S. Polestar supports the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) and partners with reputable Pilates schools assuring the quality and integrity of the Pilates instructor certification (PMA®-CPT). Polestar has been an active supporter of the PMA since its inception in 2001. Not only does the PMA certification provide peace of mind to clients and studio owners about the level of an instructor’s experience and understanding, but it provides the instructor with a supportive community to continue to grow and excel in their practice.
The Polestar curriculum provides instructors with science-based techniques to thoughtfully assess the whole person and assist them in accomplishing their goals.
Polestar also offers continuing education programs to help instructors successfully have long and fulfilling careers as Polestar Pilates practitioners.
Polestar invites everyone to enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle; addressing health and fitness issues associated with sedentary habits, and enhancing elite athlete performance.
lThe Core Connect Studio in Surbiton, Kingston-on-Thames